14.2.10

Preliminary Front Cover Photo Options

I took some photos to use for my preliminary task. I decided to take some outside as the sun was out so I could use the natural light. I chose to have a girl sitting holding her folder to make a traditional look that you associate with students at a sixth form.

I chose not to use this photo as it was quite dark so the light wasn't too good. The shadow was also quite obstructing.


The lighting in this photo is a lot better; however you still have the shadow of a pillar which I feel doesn't fit.
This photo is slightly closer which I prefer as you can see her face more but her head is slightly tilted down which gives the impression that she as purposely looking away from the camera rather than just momentarily glancing away.

I choose to use this photo as it is a good close up and the light is good with not too much shadow. There is no obstructing background objects which makes the photo more professional. It also is not perfect like a studio photo as some of her hair is slightly out of place and paper spilling out of the folder; I think this looks good as it shows how the photo is just of a regular person rather than airbrushed to look absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment