1.3.10

Article for Music Magazine

This is my article I have written for my main task. I chose to do a review as quite a few people in my audience research said that it was the type of article they liked to read most in magazines. Also as I used the band My Passion for my photos it was easy to review they gig they played where I took my photos.





My Passion formed in Hertfordshire in 2005, adding to the list of the new pop punk bands. since then they have been going from strength to strength supporting Jeffreee Star, The Blackout and performing at ths years Underage Festival. Their debut album, Corporate Flesh Party was released in May 2009 and they have since started to record a second one which is due to drop later this year. The atmosphere was amazing as the crowd sung along to Livin on A Prayer while all were waiting for who they were really there to see My Passion. The other supports had been a build up to the main event. As soon as they came on stage you could see why. They started out with a classic 'Play Dirty' the crowd went crazy and so did the band, Lawrence Rene the lead singier lent his mike over the edge of the stage until he was only metres from the crowd. The electro beats filled the room. Everyone knew that this band was going to be big. Lawrence and John added more energy to the room jumping around the stage like ants on acid. As they played songs from the rest of the album they never missed a beat. they kept the energy at same pace throughtout and the crowd was going cazy for them. As they play their last song the crowd the circle pit is still going. If this is how every one of My Passions gigs go then soon everyone is going to know their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment