5.3.10

Music Magazine Front Covers

It is a normal convention of magazines that the main image on the front cover is that of a person or group of people looking directly at the camera. This is seen in the front covers below where the cover stars are staring directly at the camera and the shot is a close up.
However for my magazine front cover I have decided to go away from the traditional forms and conventions by using a stage shot which was one of the ones I have from when I took photos for my double page spread. I think this is a good idea as it would stand out from the other magazines on offer as it is different from what people normally see. I will not go completly away from the normal conventions as I am choosing an image that is close up so that you can still see the person in the photo. I have found some issues of Kerrang and NME where they have done the same but have still managed to catch the readers attention.
These front covers still have a good effect and even though they are not looking at the camera you can still see who they are. In my opinion they make the reader want to read the magazine more as they are different from other magazines on offer as the connotation of the image is that inside the magazine there is more than just your standard question answer interview, it is more in depth as it is obviously the shots have been taken while the band was on stage therefore showing that it is more a real impression of them rather than a studio photoshoot where the photos are airbrushed later to make them look absolutely perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment